Project Manager Engineering
On behalf of client
As soon as possible
Kari Bach Henningsen
tlf +47 934 27 110
Our client has a sustained hypergrowth through a highly focused strategy based upon industry leading product innovation. To continue on this journey CARECO is searching for a Project Manager to join the Central Engineering team for our client.
Reporting to the Head of Project Management this newly created role is responsible for managing strategic initiatives within the Betting and Gaming Product Unit. The Project Manager is responsible for implementing programme- and project management practices to enable the successful delivery of strategic business outcomes.
A key focus will be ensuring the coordination of complex projects across tribes and functional groups, whilst keeping key stakeholders fully up-to-date on key projects status (including impediment resolution and risk management) and managing alignment of priorities across tribes.
Beeing a global company there will be expected some overseas travel as required to ensure effective project and resource management.
- Ensure the successful implementation of the Project Management strategy, responsibilities, services and deliverables in an agile delivery context.
- Help shape and evolve the processes and principles to improve the consistency and effectiveness of project execution; improving predictability and visibility.
- Define and embed project control and governance. Help shape the required frameworks and standards for delivery;
- Provide project planning, milestone management, scope management, resource forecasting.
- Implement governance and consistent prioritisation process across projects.
- Ensure cross-project dependencies are managed effectively
- Ensure transparent and regular reporting to the key stakeholders to ensure project status is clearly understood and timely decisions can be taken. Shape and define concise reporting frameworks and dashboards to support this.
- Ensure the appropriate success criteria are quantified; delivery is managed in small batches with managed WIP to enable fast feedback loops on business outcomes.
- Responsible for compiling financial and KPI information so that initiatives are kept to budget.
- Provide and maintain a capacity planning and resource tracking service across projects.
- Maintain and update a Risk Log, Action Log, Decisions Log, and Issue Register.
- Coordinate key delivery closure retrospectives to distil good practice and ensure lessons learned are logged.
- Ensure efficient change control methods and process are in place.
Desired Professional Background
- Previous experience of project management in a high-growth digital company, operating a Spotify delivery model.
- Proven track record for planning, executing, controlling and closing a diverse range of projects (e.g. small/large/complex) and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Experience of leading, managing and developing a team of squads.
- Experience of project management within AGILE context (Lean/ 6 Sigma/ PRINCE2 methodology or equivalent) for medium to large sized projects.
- Strong skills in creating and maintaining project plans, delivery dashboards, delivery roadmaps including risks, actions, issues and dependencies.
- Strong skills inand dependency mapping, risk management and resource planning.
- Objectives and key results and Flight level coordination experience highly desirable.
- A natural leader who displays an effective balance of humility and confidence.
- Collaborative approach and adept at building effective business relationships.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient. A desire to operate effectively with a fair amount of ambiguity.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations.
- Diplomatic ability to influence others at all levels of the business.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to competently mediate disagreements and negotiate agreeable resolutions.
- A flexible and hands-on approach.
- Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS project.
OUR CLIENT OFFER
- A high profile position upon which to develop further within the organisation.
- Competitive salary level
- Professional development
- Exciting and fast-moving working environment that rewards creative thinking and hard work. Our client is passionate about what they do, and they care passionately about their employees. The work environment is definitely cultural diverse, with people coming from more than 20 different countries!
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a global leader in understanding and leveraging the power of sports data and digital content for its clients around the world. They provide cutting-edge solutions and services to media companies, bookmakers, sports federations and state authorities.
Our client is truly an international business employing over 2,000 people in more than 30 locations around the world. Their rapid growth has been driven by technological innovation alongside an understanding of our clients’ business needs. It is their commitment to excellent service, quality and reliability that makes us the trusted partner of more than 1,000 companies in over 100 countries.